MAMAA recognise the individual needs of families of homicide victims tailor support around this.
MAMAA do not only support immediate family members of a victim of violent crime. Also supported are cousins, uncles, aunts, friends and community members.
Examples of how we can support you include:
· A 24/7 telephone support line, for however long is needed.
· Daily support for long periods of time.
· Periodic support, as and when you need us.
· Court attendance/accompaniment for court hearings/trials, where requested.
· Practical support such as cleaning, shopping and childcare.
· Liaison with other agencies such as FLO’s, coroners, local authorities, funeral homes and schools.
· Addressing housing, medical and legal issues and advocating on behalf of the victim.
· Assisting with funeral arrangements.